By listening to your feedback from our annual surveys we have delivered a lot of change: moving to a neighbourhood model with our staff out and about in the estates; the solutions team as a one stop shop for information; and providing advice and surgeries in our local offices.
We aim to continue this programme of putting Tenants at the heart of what we do and our Board of Management has also been making changes, to ensure that we have the right mix of skills to take SBHA into the future. And we want to know what you think.
The proposed Rule changes which seek to strengthen and future proof SBHA’s governance include:
- Reducing the number of Board places from 15 to 12;
- Of the 12 places, 8 will continue to be elected by Shareholders, and 4 will be appointed;
- Maintaining the proportion of Tenant places on the Board (one third);
- Removing the 3 reserved places for Scottish Borders Council nominees; and
- Removing Shareholding constituencies, so Shareholders will be able to vote for any candidate, increasing the number of vacancies Shareholders personally have the chance to influence from 5 to 8.
In addition, it is proposed to replace the Housing and Technical Services sub-committees with a Customer Board, which will oversee the entire customer experience, better reflecting how services are accessed by SBHA’s Tenants, and ensuring Tenants remain at the heart of SBHA’s decision making.
We will be asking our Shareholders to vote to support these Rule changes at a Special General Meeting (SGM) on Wednesday 31st May 2017. Further information and guidance will be provided to Shareholders at a series of drop-in sessions in early May, at which TPAS, the independent Tenant Participation Advisory Service, will be on hand to offer support.
For a chance to have your say on the proposed changes, see the survey at the back of our Spring Newsletter, or follow this link to our electronic survey. As a thank you for your feedback, one lucky SBHA Tenant who submits the survey by post or online by Friday 12th May will win a Kindle Fire tablet!