Discretionary Housing Payment – time to reapply

If you currently receive Universal Credit and also receive Discretionary Housing Payment, this year’s DHP award expires on the 31st of March 2019. To apply to have DHP renewed for 2019-20, you need to provide the following as soon as possible:

  • Completed Discretionary Housing payment Application Form. You can get these online or from your local Council Contact Centre. We also have these available at SBHA’s Head Office at Whinfield Road, Selkirk, or we can send one out to you – contact Debbie Mzee on 01750 724444, or email dmzee@sbha.org.uk
  • Proof of your rent increase from 2019 – you can use the letter that you received from SBHA, informing you of the increase.
  • Your most recent Universal Credit award letter showing that you are still in receipt of Housing Element.

These should be returned to any of SBC’s contact centres, or by post to Customer Services, Scottish Borders Council, Council HQ, Newtown St. Boswells, Melrose, TD6 0SA.

If you do not currently receive Discretionary Housing Payment, you may be eligible for this if you are currently receiving Universal Credit, have an extra bedroom and are paying the Bedroom Tax. You can apply with the information listed above.

For more information, see https://www.scotborders.gov.uk/info/20019/housing_benefits/454/discretionary_housing_payment