SBHA works closely with Scottish Borders Council to help house homeless households and people threatened with homelessness.

If you are a customer of SBHA at risk of losing your home please contact us for information and advice on your housing options.

We have a legal duty to provide permanent accommodation where the Council refers people to us under Section 5 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 2001. We have a  homeless referral procedure with the Council.

In responding to homeless referrals, we will offer accommodation that meets the needs of the applicant. If more than one homeless applicant has an equal need for a property, we will offer the property in date order, based on the date of the homeless referral. If you are worried about losing your home, have been served with a notice to leave, or have already lost your home, Scottish Borders Council’s Homelessness Team will be able to able to help, provide guidance and support. The help you may be entitled to will depend on your individual circumstances.

You can contact the Council to find out more: