Applying for an SBHA home is easy with SBHA HomeChoice.
All of our homes which are available to rent are advertised online each week through SBHA HomeChoice and in our local offices, as well as in the local Southern Reporter and Hawick News on Thursdays.
Before we can consider you for a home with SBHA, you must first register with SBHA HomeChoice. Anyone aged 16 and over can register using one of the following methods:
- Complete a simple on-line application form by clicking here.
- Visit one of our offices where staff will be happy to help you complete an application.
- Call our Allocations Team on 01750 724444 to request an application form to be sent to you.
Once you have registered, your application will be assessed based on your current housing circumstances and needs. You will then receive an application reference number – you can then “bid” for up to five properties each week that you are interested in. We let our homes in accordance with our Allocations Policy which aims to house people who have the highest need for them. To help guide you through this process, we have developed three leaflets which explain how the bidding process operates:
- Step 1 – How to Select Your SBHA Home
- Step 2 – How SBHA’s Allocations Policy Works
- Step 3 – How to Bid for an SBHA property
If you would like further information regarding SBHA HomeChoice or the allocations process, please call our Allocations Team on 01750 724444 or use our online enquires form.