All of our homes which are available to rent are advertised online each week through SBHA HomeChoice , in our offices and the local press.
Before we can consider you for a home with SBHA, you must first register with SBHA HomeChoice. Anyone aged 16 and over can register using one of the following methods:
- Complete an on-line application form by clicking here.
- Book a housing options appointment at one of our offices where staff will be happy to help you complete an application.
- Call our Solutions Team on 01750 724444 to request an application form to be sent to you.
Once you have registered, your application will be assessed based on your current housing circumstances and needs. You will then receive an application reference number – you can then “bid” for up to five properties each week that you are interested in. Our Allocations Policy aims to house people who have the highest housing need. To help guide you through this process, we have developed three leaflets which explain how the bidding process operates:
- Step 1 – How to Select Your SBHA Home
- Step 2 – How SBHA’s Allocations Policy Works
- Step 3 – How to Bid for an SBHA property
If you have a medical health need for rehousing, please download and complete the Unified Health Assessment Form, or request a form to be posted out to you by contacting our Solutions Team on 01750 724444. Please return the completed form to the Solutions Team, South Bridge House, Whinfield Road, Selkirk TD7 5DT
If you would like further information regarding SBHA HomeChoice or the letting process, please call our Solutions Team on 01750 724444 or use our online enquiries form.