Supporting you in your home
Sometimes, when you are having problems or when things go wrong, you need a helping hand from people who understand and who have the right skills and contacts. Whether you are moving to a new home with SBHA or currently rent your home from us, we may be able to offer you help and guidance.
Our services are free and available to all our Tenants.
We can help with:
- Accessing benefits and looking at benefit maximisation
- Advice on budgeting and debt management
- Providing support for people experiencing domestic abuse
- Coping with a mental or physical disability
- Assisting to arrange repairs and maintenance
- Understanding tenancy agreements
- Obtaining essential household items
- Resolving difficult housing issues, for example rent arrears or neighbour nuisance
- Advice on community facilities
- Life skills, being independent and staying safe at home
In addition, our Employability Advisor, Lita McHale, provides dedicated employment advice to eligible tenants through the Go4It project. She can help with employment, volunteering and training opportunities, CV and Cover Letter writing, interview tips and more. To find out more and to see if you are eligible, the Go4It leaflet has further details, or you can contact Lita at email@example.com or phone 01750 724444.
If you or someone you know would benefit from any of these service please contact us on 01750 724444, or fill out our online enquiry form. We will either provide the support or put you in touch with someone who can.