How can I get involved?
There are a range of ways in which you can become involved:
- Join Scottish Borders Tenants Organisation (SBTO) to be a key part of SBHA’s Tenant Participation. Click here to find out more.
- Join our Governance Structure if you want to be a decision maker in SBHA . The Board of Management reviews overall performance and decides SBHA’s budgets, plans and policies. The Sub-Committees specialise in the Housing and Technical areas and look in more detail at policy, performance and projects working in those specific areas. For an Application form for Shareholding Membership please click here. Membership costs £1.
- Set up or join a Registered Tenant Organisation (RTO) or a local Group if you are interested in improving your local community or neighbourhood – more information can be found here. SBHA currently has 3 RTOs and our Tenant Participation Manager, Alison Notman can work with you to establish a local group.
- Join in an Estate Walkabout – if you would like to take part in an estate walkabout in your area then you can arrange to meet with your Housing Officer or Maintenance Officer. The purpose of the walkabouts is to look at the overall appearance of the estate including communal areas and open spaces. Click here to find your local Housing Officer.
- Become a Tenant Representative on a Planned Maintenance Scheme in your neighbourhood – we invite Tenants to participate as a “Representative” for their street or area if SBHA is carrying out home improvement works. This allows SBHA Staff and their Contractors to work together during the works being carried out to ensure that Tenants receive a good quality standard of service
- Give us your feedback – we provide Tenant Satisfaction Slips for repairs, gas servicing, improvement works and for new Tenants moving into their homes – your opinions and feedback are important to us to help us ensure our services meet your needs.
- Want to find out more? Attend SBTO’s Tenant Information Days – organised to give you the opportunity to meet with SBHA Staff and other Agencies on an informal basis, get advice on housing services and other community services to help and support living in your home and within the community.
If you are interested in becoming involved in any of the above methods of Tenant participation, then please contact Alison Notman on 01750 724490 for further information or fill out our online enquiry form.