Overview And Mission Statement
Created by Tenants, for Tenants, SBHA is an independent Housing Association serving communities in the Scottish Borders by providing quality, affordable homes.
Scottish Borders Housing Association is a Registered Social Landlord and a Scottish Charity (SC030751). SBHA acquired its housing stock from Scottish Borders Council on 3rd March 2003, following an independent ballot of tenants who voted for:
- modernised homes for all;
- genuine influence in the services they receive;
- continued Right to Buy;
- affordable rents; and
- action on Anti-Social Behaviour.
SBHA has 5 Strategic Objectives:
- SBHA will Listen to Tenants and their Communities to Innovate and Improve
- SBHA will Create Great Places to Live
- SBHA will Inspire and Develop our People to Make Change Happen
- SBHA will Deliver Excellent Value for Money
- SBHA will Anticipate Opportunities to Develop and Grow
SBHA currently employs 196 Staff, including an in-house Maintenance Division. The Head Office is located in Selkirk with two smaller offices in Galashiels and Hawick.